Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Changes

There are a lot of changes happening in my life right now.

With open arms I welcome them.

Unafraid because the LORD himself has been preparing me for a while now.

I stand amazed at His goodness and grace.

Isaiah 43:15-19

15 I am the LORD, your Holy One,
Israel's Creator, your King."

16 This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,

17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:

18 "Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.

19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

I got a new soul-mate friend, Jay (note to self: Sarha, when God speaks-listen and obey. He knows what He's doing and has good things in store for me. "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires!" Song of Solomon 8:4)

After a little over a year, last Friday I became a member of my congregation, Sha'ar Hashamayim. I am also their new Treasurer. I am so honored and blessed to be a part of this incredible family. I am truly HOME!

I just had my One Year Anniversary with Harvard Magazine and was asked to take on a new role in addition to my Gift Processing duties. The Classifieds Department's sole financial person. This is a great opportunity and I am genuinely excited to learn new things. I am also growing in confidence daily as I gain more knowledge for the future.

I am finally in a good place in my life where I truly value bettering my health. This is no longer a life long "New Year's Resolution" but a REAL way of life for me. I haven't been super restrictive but I am just choosing foods more wisely and staying away from "carb central". I know that when I board the carb train, it ends up taking me for a long ride and then decides to stay with me. So, I naturally have gotten better with lowering my carb intake. I've also cut out "emotional junk food fests" and instead I ask myself, "Am I really hungry, What's the real problem?" When I diagnose the problem properly then I can learn to treat it in the right way. I've also been walking a lot. It has helped that Melissa, Mike, Jay and I have been a team and a good support for each other. I still have a long way to go but I am ecstatic that for the 1st time in I don't actually know how many years, I am under 200 pounds! I currently weigh in at 197 and last year I got to my highest of 218! Thank you God for giving me the strength, courage, desire and stamina to keep moving forward!!!

I just got a new big, beautiful and so Sarha friendly apartment in Quincy Center with my friend and new roommate Sandra from church. God totally EXCEEDED my expectations with this place!!! It is on the 2nd floor of a two family house, has a 3 season sun room, a small back porch and large common area deck downstairs with a big bench and grill, tons of windows that let in lots of natural light which keeps the energy costs low, spacious living room, dining room and kitchen, brand new dishwasher, garbage disposal, toilet and bathroom sink and vanity, central air/heat, 2 ceiling fan/light fixtures, built in dining room hutch, newer berber looking carpet, our own laundry room right off the kitchen-no more going down to a basement to do laundry!, new paint, 2 good sized bedrooms and our own parking lot. The location is awesome! I will still be close enough where I can walk to the subway and not have to drive! The neighborhood is great and quiet with parks, restaurants and shops nearby. We are so excited to move in February 1st!!!!! I haven't had my "own place" since Heather Glen days back in Orlando. I MISS YOU TARA!!!!!!

God is so close to my heart. I feel the warmth of His touch as He holds my life in His hands, treasuring every moment with me and knowing that this is only the start of a Life Eternal with His Beloved!

Deuteronomy 33:12

12 "Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long,
and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarha, it's awesome to read all the neat things going on in your life! I'm excited about your new move. The new place sounds awesome and sunny! I miss you down here, but I'm glad to hear how you are thriving up there!