Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's not hitting me yet........

I just got off the phone a little while ago with my friend Roy. He's all packed, Jen's packed, her dad will pick up her kids tomorrow at 5am, she'll go to work with Roy, he'll hopefully be done by noon, then they'll start their long drive down to Orlando.

I can't believe it's already here. My departure is so close.

My last day of work was technically Monday but we ran into quite a few kinks so I stayed another day. I thought that it would be hard leaving work yesterday but it wasn't at all. There were no teary goodbye's or anything like that. It just felt like I was leaving for the day. Should it have been different? Maybe people just don't like to say goodbye. Although, this has been quite a long leaving process for me, so maybe people feel like I've been leaving for a long time now and they've had a lot of time to adjust.

Today I went back to the office to meet some friends to go out for lunch in honor of Caroline's birthday. While I was there I handed in my office keys to Jeff. I thought that would feel weird but that didn't either! Tonight I went to my women's small group for the last time and when I left that didn't feel weird.

So, I don't think it's hitting me yet that I am moving. I've had goodbye parties and had my last hang out times with friends and I haven't been emotional at all. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it'll help me to really enjoy my time with my family and friends without being a blubbering mess.

Tomorrow morning I'll say farewell to my car and sell it to Miss Autumn. :-) I've had many awesome exploring/prayer drives with the Lord in that car. Man did I give Him an earfull. I'm so glad that He listens.......moreover that He actually delights in listening to me. That's incredible! :-) I am soooooooooooooooo excited to see Jen and Roy!!!! I can't wait!!!! They rock. I'm looking forward to them meeting my friends here in Orlando. It's going to be good! :-)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I can say for myself that it's not real to me at all. I feel like you'll be around forever. So, I'm sorry if I don't seem tearful- I'm sure I'll cry a lot when it hits. I can tell you from my recent move that I felt the exact same way as you. No tears- no weirdness- it all hit much later after I moved. I love you, Sarha and will miss you dearly!

Annie said...

Jenni is right: no doubt there will be some difficult moments ahead. Just keep putting your hope in the Lord instead of in your circumstances, because they will always be changing. I am certainly going to miss you here in Orlando, but can’t wait to hear about the good work He does in and through you in Boston! Hebrews 13:8