Monday, September 03, 2007

7 Years


It's been 7 years since I got saved. God persistently pursued me through a one of a kind Texan pastor and a little church. As my eyes opened up like a newborn baby and were flooded with the light of Christ, then my heart began to change as well. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I call the verses below my 'salvation verses'. I found them early on in my walk with God and felt such a personal touch from Him as the words came alive. It seemed as if He stood over me as I laid there in my slumber of Darkness and Ignorance..... and He poured out the Word from His mouth all over me, filling my room with His Brilliant Light and Truth.


Isaiah 65:1


I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'


Ephesians 5:13-14


But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light.


For this reason it says,

Awake, sleeper,

And arise from the dead,

And Christ will shine on you."


Although it seems like 7 years is far removed..... it also sometimes still feels close at hand. In many respects I have clearly come a long way from where my life used to be and how I was living 7 years ago. Unfortunately, there are some things from my old life that spring up in my new that I struggle with. Sometimes I think that they're long gone and dead. Other times they seem to flare up with new life in them. In my struggle with sin I recall this thought:
'Satan is quick to remind and God is quick to forget'.
I thank God that Jesus is right there with me fighting on my behalf. I am not alone.


Hebrews 4:14-16


Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


Hebrews 7:24-26


...but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.


Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.


Romans 8:26-28


In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;


and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.


The number 7 seems to be the most significant number in the Bible. I've heard it said that 7 is 'God's number' and is associated with His divine completion and perfection. I did a search on http://www.biblegateway.com/ for 'seven' and in the King James Version it came up 562 times! I wonder if my 7th year of salvation will be very significant and stand out from the rest. This year has been very hard. I've experienced a lot of change in my life and in the life of my family. I've struggled in my walk with God and sometimes feel that I've desensitized myself to the voice of the Holy Spirit. I don't know if that's really possible because I know that I am never far from God's reach.


John 10:3-5


The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice.


Father God, thank you for calling me out by name and choosing me. Thank you for providing the only way to You through the death and resurrection of your precious son Jesus Christ. Thank you that through Him I have the greatest gift ever..... Salvation and Eternal Life!


Philippians 1:6


Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: